2014 Chicagoland GEOthermal seminar on November 6
Thanks to our sponsors:
November 6 from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Want to become part of the growing Geothermal Heat Pump industry? Attend a no-cost seminar for Residential HVAC and Mechanical Contractors in Willowbrook on Thursday, November 6. This seminar is sponsored by the Geothermal Alliance of Illinois and its sponsoring organizations.
The GAOI is sponsoring Chicagoland GEOthermal 2014 on November 6 to encourage individuals and companies to get involved in the growing geothermal heat pump industry. The timing is perfect now, with new utility incentives for geo and continuation of the 30 percent federal tax credit through the end of 2016.
A day of educational program sessions will kick off at 9 am, registration opens at 8:00 am. A continental breakfast and lunch will be served during the day.
Chicagoland GEOthermal 2014 will be held at Ashton Place in Willowbrook. Ashton Place is at 341 75th Street, just a few blocks north of I-55 off the Kingery Highway/IL Hwy 83 exit.
Program will start for the entire group with introductory remarks by John Freitag, executive director of the Geothermal Alliance of IL, and a ComEd presentation on utility programs by George Malek, Director of Energy Efficiency Services. The group will then split into two groups:
- What Geothermal Can and Can’t Do – Dave Buss, Connor Co./ClimateMaster
- System sizing and design – Jeff Hurst, Connor Co./ClimateMaster
- The Closed Loop system… getting it right the first time – Ryan Kerry, Great Lakes Geo
- Keynote: making contractors more successful with Geo – Steve Smith, Enertech Geothermal
- Weatherization and Geothermal go together – Brian Kumer, Thermal Imaging Services
- Advice for new dealers/getting established/discussion – Steve Smith, Enertech; Michael Albertson, WaterFurnace; and Jeff Hurst, Connor Co.
- Introduction to Commercial Geothermal – Michael Albertson, WaterFurnace International Senior VP of Worldwide Sales and Marketing
- Loop sizing – basic fundamentals – Kirk Mescher, CM Engineering
- Load calculations – Dan Couillard, Element Energy
- Overall system design fundamentals – Mark Nussbaum, Architectural Consulting Engineers
Registration and Agenda
Space will be LIMITED. There is no charge for this event, but participants MUST REGISTER in advance.
Registration for November 6 (9:00 am – 3:30 pm) – Mechanical and Residential Contractors, and Designers/Engineers click here.
For information on this, or other, GAOI events, please contact Executive Director John Freitag at email@example.com or call 217-241-7973 or 217-971-3533.