The Geothermal Alliance of Illinois promotes the use of high-quality geothermal energy systems that meet the comfort, efficiency, and environmental needs of consumers. Members of the GAI are committed to quality installation and service of geothermal systems. They abide by the Alliance Code of Ethics, which requires professionalism and fairness with customers, adherence to industry standards, up-to-date training in installation techniques, and a commitment to service excellence. Only members can display the GAI logo.
Code of Ethics:
- I will be fair and just to all customers.
- I will conduct myself in a professional manner and will not be unjustly critical of my fellow members or the Alliance.
- I will have the integrity to refuse any project that will do an injustice to the consumer, my profession or myself.
- I am committed to take advantage of new service techniques and technology made available by manufacturers, The International Ground Source Heat Pump Association. (IGSHPA), or by the Geothermal Alliance of Illinois.
- I will make every effort to promptly adjust any cause of client dissatisfaction.
- I will for all installations, for which I am the principal designer, as determined by the Board of Directors, prepare a heat loss and heat gain calculation in accordance with accepted industry methods and abide by applicable codes.
- I will insure that all installation work that I am responsible for will be installed and checked in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and industry standards.
- Upon completion of any system installation provided at my direction, I will acquaint the customer with the system operation and owner maintenance procedures.
- I will promptly arrange to provide service by a qualified technician upon receipt of a customer’s request.
The GAI brings together an exceptional group of unaffiliated professionals, with a unified voice to:
- promote and expand the uses of geoexchange technology
- help assure and maintain the highest level of proficiency in the construction and installation of geoexchange systems
- establish a talent pool in Illinois to nurture the design, implementation, operation, and installation of this highly-efficient renewable energy technology